KU Career Connections
Activate your KU Career Connections account to connect with employers:
- Please read the University Career Center's KU Career Connections User's Guide before completing the activation survey.
- Students: activate your account by logging in to KU Career Connections. If you have not registered before, you will be prompted to complete a survey when you log in. In order to register, you must answer "yes" to the authentication question. Your access will be available and free through six months after you graduate.
- Alumni (beyond six months of graduation): complete the online form and pay the $40 fee. You may mail or drop off the form at UCC (110 Burge Union).
- If you have any trouble registering, please contact Liz Caldwell at email@example.com or 785-864-7672.
KU Career Connections is an online service through which University of Kansas students and alumni can:
- post their resumes for employers to access
- apply for part-time and full-time jobs and internships
- sign up for on-campus interviews
- request appointments with a career coach
- access password protected resources such as Going Global
- practicing interviewing via Impress mock interview tool
- build a resume via Enhanced Resume Builder
Account activation is required to post your resume for viewing by employers; once you complete the activation survey you will receive instructions, a user ID and password for access to KU Career Connections, typically within 24-48 business hours.
When access to KU Career Connections is established, candidates must complete demographic and academic information within the program, and upload and publish a resume before your information will be available for viewing by employers. The demographic and academic information you enter will be searchable by employers looking for qualified employment candidates.
As stated in the note of caution below, there are possible security issues inherent in putting your resume on the Internet. Possibilities for controlling personal information on your resume exist and are explained in the resume writing handout from UCC.
A note of caution:
There are possible security issues inherent in putting your resume, which contains such information as address and phone number, on the Internet. UCC has taken certain precautionary measures to limit access to student resumes, however, we assume no liability for problems arising from your decision to use this system.
University Career Center at KU makes no warrant or guarantee of the confidentiality of any material posted through its resume posting service. By submitting their resumes, users understand and agree that their resumes and any or all material contained therein may be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet. UCC does not warrant or guarantee that a resume shall be viewed by any specific number of users, or that it will be viewed by any specific user.
Furthermore, UCC does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of any material posted by users through the Resume Referral Service. User acknowledges and agrees that User is solely responsible for the form and content of any resume or material contained therein placed by the User on the Resume Referral Service.
Students who are registered with UCC and who meet the qualification requirements may participate in on-campus interviews conducted at UCC, the Business Career Services Center, the Engineering Career Center and the Journalism Career Center.
To find out about companies that will be coming for on-campus interview but have not yet completed the scheduling process (and thus don't appear in the recruiting list), just stop by 110 Burge Union. If you are interested in an employer who does not conduct on-campus interviews, a video conference interview between a student and employer is an option.
KU Career Connections includes an on-line, searchable database of full-time, part-time, limited term, internship and volunteer position announcements sent to KU. Employers from across the country and the world post announcements.
The University of Kansas also participates in HireKansasTalent - a consortium of Kansas colleges and universities joining together to provide a centralized site for for employers to post jobs that will then be distributed to all of the participating universities. This allows employing organizations to post once to reach even more candidates, with many types of career opportunities. Those opportunities are then viewable by students and alumni on their own school's Career Services website -- for KU students, through KU Career Connections.
Students and alumni of the University of Kansas may participate in on-campus recruiting, post resumes to the KU web database and view all job announcements. To register, log in to KU Career Connections or download and fill out the registration form (student form (pdf) / alumni form (pdf)) and send it to University Career Center.